Search engines have algorithms that decide where your page and your overall website is going to rank. The algorithms are updated often and websites that have compelling content, are well maintained, load fast and then adhere to the latest web standards always have a better chance of being placed higher in search results so if you’re new to the SEO game we’re going to give you seven simple ways in which you can use organic SEO effectively to add value to your website in the eyes of the search engines.
7 Simple SEO Tips For Your Website
- Using a unique name for your business and domain it’s probably the smartest way to start off when you’re trying to make sure that you’re going to show up. In the search results the name you come up with should also reflect the kind of products and services that you offer. It’s an added advantage if your business and website name is catchy and easy to remember.
- Your website’s home page and other category pages should have Rich Snippets to ensure that people are introduced to featured products services or any other useful information that you might have on your website, but…what is a rich snippet? A rich snippet is a programming code that can be added to the existing HTML code on your website which in turn will allow search engines to better understand what information is contained on each web page on your site. Other pages on the website should also be well structured to help them get higher rankings in the search engines.
- Your site’s page title should be well described and they should speak about what one can expect on the page and have descriptive metadata inside the source code on the webpage to make the keyword that a user searched on jump out within the search engine results pages so that they can be found easier. Meta page descriptions rarely impact where your page ranks in a search but the description or part of it may be used by a third-party website to describe the page on your site so the meta description should be truthful descriptive and compelling. It can have an impact on whether a person clicks on the search results to go to your page because people are more likely to click on a description that contains the keyword that they searched on.
- Website pages should be linked very efficiently to each other within your website and with trustworthy and authoritative pages outside your website to gain link popularity in the search engines. That’s having important links from between pages on your website that tell the search engines which pages you think are important on your site. Links from other sites to your site tell the search engines that others think that your website’s important.
- Okay now we get that our next suggestion can arguably go both ways but here it goes anyway. We recommend that your website focus on minimizing graphic elements without compromising on the overall look and appeal of your website this means keeping images to a minimum and text to a maximum whenever it’s possible. But we like pretty pictures right? They’re great for you but pretty pictures make your website load slowly and at least for now search engines really don’t have any real clue about what your pictures have in them.
- It’s also helpful to dovetail your social media marketing techniques with organic search techniques. The combined effect of this with an internet marketing plan that is thorough can do wonders for the website when it’s executed well. As we continue to release more blogs we’re going to get deep into social media optimization techniques but just keep that in the back of your mind for now.
- And lastly there’s cookie tracking, pixel tracking, the robots.txt file, wc3 code, compliance spiral rather than synchronizations, autonomous ranking systems, query streams, database, content management systems and many more nerdy terms and phrases which are advanced aspects that should be taken into consideration when optimizing websites for searches.
When you use writing and optimize it correctly these also go a long way to help generating a strong online presence for your website. Now most of the things that we mentioned here are handled by website designers, developers and search engine optimisation professionals that you can or hopefully that you already have hired to manage your website functions from end to end. We just so happen to cover all of these areas.
This is just a quick list of getting started items that you need to be aware of and looking at on your website. It’s no different than making sure that you have fresh oil in your car, that you’re changing out the filters, you’re checking your wiper blades and you’ve got good tires. It’s that kind of stuff. You don’t just build a website and forget about it because your competitors are working hard to take market share away from you and the worst thing that you can do for yourself is to not even put up a fight make sure that you’re tending to these basic SEO maintenance items on your website. Once you have a handle on these and not a second sooner then we can talk about how you can be the one who’s taking market share away from your competitors and believe me it is much better to be the hunter than the prey.
If you liked this article you should probably show your team members or friends to help them get the most out of their websites.